3.3 pounds (1.5 kg ) lamb, leg or shoulder, cut into portions
2.2 lbs (1kg) Greek yoghurt
1 medium onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
½ cup ACAIA or Aeolian Olive extra virgin olive oil
3 eggs, beaten
1 tbsp cornstarch,
½ cup parsley, finely chopped
salt, pepper, to taste
1 cup water
1. Sauté the lamb in the ACAIA or Aeolian Olive extra virgin olive oil for approximately 5 minutes, turning until meat is browned on all sides.
2. Add the onion, garlic, salt, pepper, parsley, and 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil.
3. Reduce the heat to low and let the ingredients simmer for approximately 2 hours.
4. In the meantime, prepare yogurt sauce by adding salt and pepper to the yoghurt; whisk in the eggs and add corn-starch.
5. Remove the meat broth from the casserole and stir it into the yogurt sauce until smooth.
6. Add the yogurt sauce to the lamb, mix well, and boil for 10 minutes until the sauce thickens.