3.5 lbs (approximately 1.5 kg) fish of your preference
(for example, cod, halibut, haddock)
5 large onions, cut into large pieces
1 large red pepper, cut into strips
3 garlic cloves, crushed
½ cup ACAIA or Aeolian Olive extra virgin olive oil
½ cup dry white wine
juice of 1 lemon
¼ cup parsley, chopped
salt, pepper, to taste
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp thyme
1. In a shallow casserole, sauté the onion, red pepper, and garlic in ½ cup ACAIA or Aeolian Olive extra virgin olive oil.
2. When the onions start to brown, add the wine and simmer for a few minutes. Add a cup of water and allow to boil uncovered until onion is cooked, adding water if necessary.
3. When onions are cooked, add the fish, lemon, salt, pepper, chopped parsley, oregano, and thyme.
4. Place the fish in a well-oiled oven-proof casserole and cover with onion sauce.
5. Bake for 30 – 40 minutes at 350° F (175 °C).