Baked shrimp with feta cheese
2.2 lbs (1 kg) shrimp, medium size
4 ripe tomatoes, chopped (or 1 can chopped tomatoes)
2 medium onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves
8 oz (250 g) feta cheese, cut into large pieces
1 cup ACAIA or Aeolian Olive extra virgin olive oil
½ cup dry white wine
1 tbsp flour
1 tsp sugar
Salt, pepper, paprika, to taste
1 chicken cube
½ bunch parsley, finely chopped
1. Peel the shrimp.
2. Sautee half the chopped onion and garlic in ½ cup ACAIA or Aeolian Olive extra virgin olive oil.
3. Add the shrimp and sauté.
4. Add the white wine and flour, and stir.
5. In another saucepan, sauté the rest of the onion in the remaining ½ cup ACAIA or Aeolian Olive extra virgin olive oil. Then add the tomatoes, sugar, salt, pepper, paprika, and chicken cube; simmer until the sauce thickens.
6. Mix the shrimp with the tomato sauce and pour into an oven-safe casserole. Sprinkle with parsley and cover with slices of feta cheese.
7. Bake in the oven until the cheese has melted.