1 cup chickpeas, uncooked;
alternatively three cups cooked, canned, and drained chickpeas
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
2 garlic cloves
1 cup ACAIA or Aeolian Olive extra virgin olive oil
juice of ½ lemon
1 bay leaf
1 vegetable cube
salt, pepper, to taste
1 tsp dried rosemary
2 small red dried chili peppers (optional)
1. If using uncooked chickpeas, place them in a bowl, cover with warm water, add a pinch of salt, and soak overnight.
2. The next morning, cover chickpeas with water in a pot; when they come to a boil, remove the foam that has formed on the surface of the water. Then let boil until soft, 1 ½ -2 hours.
3. In a separate saucepan combine the remaining ingredients and boil to form a sauce.
4. Place the boiled chickpeas in an over-safe casserole, cover with the sauce, and bake for approximately half an hour at 350° F (175 °C).
5. Whisk together eggs, grated cheese, and parsley in a medium bowl.