½ cup ACAIA or Aeolian Olive extra virgin olive oil
3 lbs (1.4 kg) shredded zucchini
1 large grated onion
2 cups grated cheese, such as parmesan
1 can chopped tomatoes, drained
1 bunch of parsley, finely chopped
½ cup toasted breadcrumbs
6 eggs, beaten
salt, pepper, to taste
1. Steam or boil shredded zucchini and grated onion until soft and all water has evaporated.
2. Over high heat, pour in the ACAIA or Aeolian Olive extra virgin olive oil and sauté the zucchini, stirring occasionally, for approximately five minutes.
3. Turn off heat and add cheese, tomatoes, parsley, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
4. Whisk eggs and add to the zucchini mixture.
5. Grease an oven-safe casserole with the ACAIA or Aeolian Olive extra virgin olive oil, and pour in the zucchini mixture.
6. Bake, uncovered, at 350o F (175o C) for 45 minutes or until the mixture is set and golden brown. If a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, the soufflé is done.