1. To prepare filling, combine all the filling ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside.
2. To prepare the pastry dough, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and knead with your fingertips, adding flour gradually until the dough is not sticky. When done, wrap dough tightly in plastic wrap and let it sit for 1 hour.
3. Place pastry dough on a floured surface and start rolling from the center outward, lifting and turning the pastry occasionally to keep it from sticking. If the pastry begins to stick, add more flour, a little at a time, on both the flat surface and the rolling pin.
4. Cut the dough into round-shaped pieces using a teacup. Place 1 tbs of the filling on half the pieces and use the remaining pieces to cover them. Gently press the edges of the dough to stick the top and bottom together, using a small spoon or your fingertips.
5. Deep-fry the giouzlemedes in a saucepan until light brown. Remove and place on paper towels to drain excess oil.